Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
On the show today - April 11
Wednesday - 4/11/2012, 6:16pm EDT
This is the In Depth show blog. Here you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Roger Baker — Assistant Secretary for Information and Technology and Chief Information Officer, Department of Veterans Affairs
The Department of Veterans Affairs is reworking its relationship with Microsoft. Most significantly, it has decided to discontinue Software Assurance, which automatically pays for updates and new releases. Roger Baker, the chief information officer at VA, told employees in a letter the move would bring flexibility and open VA up to new vendors. He stops by In Depth to tell us more about the changes.
Courtesy of Eftekhari
Parham Eftekhari — Director of Research, Government Technology Research Alliance
The IT insiders at your agency are talking, and Parham Eftekhari, from the Government Technology Research Alliance, is listening.
He talks to In Depth about what he's hearing about "doing more with less," cloud security and other IT buzz words.
James Tsugawa — Deputy Director, Office of Policy and Evaluation, Merit Systems Protection Board
The inspector general's report that started the furor at the General Services Administration came about because of a whistleblower. Each federal agency has people who can guide employees and protect their rights, but there are resources at other agencies, too. James Tsugawa, acting deputy director of the Office of Policy and Evaluation at the Merit Systems Protection Board, tells us about the role they can play and what to consider when thinking about blowing the whistle.
Also on the show:
In Depth brings you the latest cybersecurity and defense news. Below, find links to the stories mentioned.