Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
On the show today - April 9
Tuesday - 4/10/2012, 1:48am EDT
This is the In Depth show blog. Here you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Jim Phillips — Executive Vice President, Centre Consulting
The uproar over the General Services Administration's 2010 Western Regions Conference is actually the fourth in a series of serious allegations about misconduct at the upper levels of that agency. Jim Phillips, an executive vice president at Centre Consulting, discusses the previous incidents at GSA and whether there's a common thread between them.
Click here for full coverage of the shakeup at GSA
Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton
Congress is preparing to hold hearings on profligate spending by the General Services Administration in the wake of reports of lavish spending at a 2010 training conference that led to resignations and firing for several employees.
But Holmes Norton, a member of the House Oversight and Government Reform subcommittee on the federal workforce, told Francis she fears all GSA employees being tarnished by the actions of a few employees.
Cammie Croft — Director of New Media and Citizen Engagement, Energy Department
The latest "challenge" in the federal government is coming from the Energy Department. The agency announced last week its "Apps for Energy" competition hosted on Challenge.gov. Cammie Croft, the Energy Department's director of New Media and Citizen Engagement, discusses the challenge,
The challenge will offer as much as $100,000 in cash prizes to application developers that develop apps — for smartphones and tablets — that help people use less energy and save money. The data is provided through the President's Green Button Initiative.
Also on the show:
One of the congressional committee chairs threatening an investigation into the General Services Administration scandal is Sen. Claire McCaskil (D-Mo.). She chairs the Senate Homeland Security Committee's subcommittee on contracting oversight. The subcommittee's last hearing, on March 29, focused on contracting costs and how that information is used by government agencies to make decisions about whether work should be performed by federal employees or contractors. Listen to the hearing here:
Plus, In Depth brings you the latest cybersecurity and defense news. Below, find links to the stories mentioned.