Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
On the show today - April 4
Thursday - 4/5/2012, 1:44am EDT
Cindy Allen — Executive Director of Automated Commercial Environment Business, CBP's Office of International Trade
Cindy Allen (CBP Flickr account)
A key part of the modernization plan at Customs and Border Protection has recently taken a big step forward. The agency recently published a Federal Register notice announcing the implementation of of the Automated Commercial Environment, an electronic data interchange system for filing information with the agency.
Cindy Allen, the executive director of the Automated Commercial Environment Business Office in Customs and Border Protection's Office of International Trade, discusses the transition.
Click here to read more about the ACE system.
Steven Grundman — Principal, Grundman Advisory and Lund Fellow at Atlantic Council
The latest strike against the F-35 fighter jet program is coming from north of the border. The Canadian government is reevaluating its plan to buy the jets following the release of a government auditor's report that found flaws in the procurement process.
Steven Grundman, the principal of Grundman Advisory and a Lund Fellow at the Atlantic Council in Washington, discusses what this means for the jet's development and what it means in terms of costs for the U.S.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.
Sean Moulton — Director of Federal Information Policy, OMB Watch
President Barack Obama's signature is now officially on the STOCK Act. And it includes provisions that affect political appointees and some career federal executives — not just Congress. Sean Moulton, the director of federal information policy at OMB Watch.
Click here to read the full story
Also on the show:
GAO examines DoD's audit stance, weapons portfolio (Pentagon Solutions)
Also, In Depth brings you the latest cybersecurity and defense news. Below, find links to the stories mentioned.