Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
On the show today — March 30
Saturday - 3/31/2012, 1:58am EDT
Stan Soloway — President and CEO, Professional Services Council
Your agency's cost-savings efforts are getting another look from Congress — especially contracting costs. The Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Subcommittee on Contracting Oversight focused Thursday on whether contractors are costing the government too much.
Soloway mentioned a May 2011 Center for Strategic and International Studies report on DoD workforce costs.
Tim McManus — Vice President for education and outreach, Partnership for Public Service
Filling your agency's most important leadership slots is different now that you don't have to use the dreaded KSAs — short for knowledge, skills and abilities essays — any more.
Tim McManus, the vice president for education and outreach at the Partnership for Public Service, discusses some step-by-step advice for bringing in top talent.
The partnership recently released a new report designed to help agencies implement a resume-based hiring approach.
Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-Va.)
Republicans and Democrats on Capitol Hill don't agree on much right now, but one bill is getting both parties, on both sides of the Hill to agree. Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-VA.) says there's good reason why the "End Trafficking in Government Contracting" Act is getting support from all over Congress.
Initially a recommendation of the Commission on Wartime Contracting, the bill has drawn a number of co-sponsors across the Senate and House and from both parties.
Click here to read the bill.
Click here for more information about the bill.
Roger Waldron — President, Coalition for Government Procurement
Roger Waldron, the president of the Coalition of Government Procurement also discussed the recent hearing before Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Subcommittee on Contracting Oversight on the age-old insourcing/outsourcing debate.
Click here for more information about the hearing.
Click here to view CGP's letter.
Also on the show:
Federal News Countdown
Dan Blair, the president and CEO of the National Academy of Public Administration, and Jon Desenberg, the senior policy director of The Performance Institute, count down the top federal news stories of the week.
Also, In Depth brings you the latest cybersecurity and defense news. Below, find links to the stories mentioned.