Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
On the show today — March 29
Friday - 3/30/2012, 1:27am EDT
Mike Sullivan — Director of Acquisition and Sourcing Management Issues, GAO
The one-year anniversary of the awarding of the KC-46 tanker contract to Boeing just passed. The Government Accountability Office is now under an annual mandate to review the program, thanks to the 2012 National Defense Authorization Act.
Mike Sullivan, the director of acquisition and sourcing management issues at GAO, discussed the recent GAO report on the tanker.
Richard Stiennon — Senior Fellow, International Cybersecurity Dialogue
Congress is examining a number of different cybersecurity angles, and the House and Senate are each following different courses to deal with the challenges. Richard Stiennon, an IT security industry analyst and the author of "Surviving Cyberwar" discusses the varying approaches adopted by the two chambers.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.
Also on the show:
Critical infrastructure is one area of Cybersecurity that Congress is just now starting to pay more attention to. The House Energy and Commerce subcommittee on Communications and Technology looked at how to protect first responders and broadband networks. Roberta Stempfley, the acting assistant secretary for cybersecurity and communications at the Homeland Security Department, gave the committee an overview of the networks the federal government oversees.
Tony Busseri, the CEO of Route1, a company specializing in digital security and identity management, joined Industry Chatter to discuss what the government's missing as it tries to plug holes in its mobile strategy.
Click here to read more.