Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
On the show today — March 28
Thursday - 3/29/2012, 1:57am EDT
This is the In Depth show blog. Here you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Larry Castro — Managing Director of the Chertoff Group
Securing the IT supply chain at your agency is worrying Congress. But Larry Castro, the managing director of the Chertoff Group, told the House Energy and Commerce Committee the task is not impossible.
Castro told the commitee the problem can be tackled using a "classic risk management framework."
Click here to view Castro's testimony.
Jim Muldoon — Science and Technology Officer, U.S. Army Pacific
The Army's fleet of hydrogen-cell vehicles are now rolling at Fort Shafter in Hawaii. The 16 vehicles comprise the world's first military fleet of fuel-cell vehicles.
Jim Muldoon, the science and technology officer for U.S. Army Pacific, discussed what kinds of vehicles make up the fleet and how they'll be used in future operational platforms.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.
Danny Werfel — Director of Financial Management and Assurance Issues, GAO
President Barack Obama has formally asked Congress for authority to reorganize federal agencies the same way Presidents did from the 1930s through the 1980s. The administration has said restructuring agencies will cut duplication and save money.
OMB Controller Danny Werfel appeared before the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee last week to argue the administration's case.
Werfel tells Francis why the authority to restructure agencies will make a difference and oversight function that may be more amenable to Congress.
(Click here to view Werfel's testimony.)
Also on the show:
We are entering the home stretch of the nominations for the Causey Awards so we figured it would be a good time to give some insider tips on what puts candidates at the head of the class. Federal News Radio's Ruben Gomez with a look back on last year's contest.
Click here to listen to all of the 2011 award winners.
Click here to nominate someone for the 2012 Causey Awards.