Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
On the show today — March 22
Friday - 3/23/2012, 1:59am EDT
This is the In Depth show blog. Here you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Frank Rusco — Director of Natural Resources and Environment Issues at the Government Accountability Office
There's room to grow for green thinking at your agency. But it's hard to get agencies working at the same pace when there's no clear definition of what's environmentally sound. Rusco shares highlights from a recent GAO report on whether the government's practices for disposing old computers and other equipment — known as e-waste — are eco-friendly.
GSA recently released a new bulletin dealing with e-waste, in an attempt to stop government electronics from winding up in landfills.
Alan Schultz — Director of the Laboratory for Autonomous Systems Research
The Navy has a new lab to test robots and unmanned vehicles in any environment you can think of — even if it's an ocean or a desert.
Click here to read the full story and see pictures of the new facility.
Jack Lechner — Cemetery Administrator at Arlington National Cemetery
Geospatial technology is helping Arlington National Cemetery recover from some well-documented problems. Army National Cemeteries Program Executive Director Katheryn Condon says Arlington is no longer a paper-based operation. Lechner outlines how the technology is helping the cemetery in its records-keeping.
Also on the show:
Budget season is in full swing, and the President's cabinet is all over Capitol Hill, making the case for the White House's proposed 2013 budget.
Francis played highlights from Commerce Secretary John Bryson's testimony before the Senate Appropriations Commerce subcommittee. Committee chair Barbara Mikulski asked Bryson about cybersecurity, intellectual property, and the role of the National Institute of Standards and Technology.
Click here to watch video of the hearing.