Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
On the show today - March 21
Thursday - 3/22/2012, 1:59am EDT
Tom Soderstrom— IT Chief Technology Officer, NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory
If you want to find a way to secure cloud computing, try looking at the cosmos. NASA found that operating deep-space probes can be similar to securing the cloud. Tom Soderstrom is chief technology officer at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, but he calls himself the "chief toy officer."
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.
More from the show:
Michele Mackin— Assistant Director of Acquisition and Sourcing Management Issues, GAO
Bill Woods— Director of Acquisition and Sourcing Management Issues
On Pentagon Solutions, Francis discussed competition in DoD contracting and efforts to create the Integrated Acquisition Environment.
In Depth also brings you the latest cybersecurity and defense news. Find the stories mentioned on the show below: