Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
On the show today — March 20
Wednesday - 3/21/2012, 1:59am EDT
James Douglas — Manager of the Inspection of the employee pre-screening process
Paper trails are missing at the Internal Revenue Service. The IRS is supposed to pre-screen new hires that work with private financial information, but the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration can't find records of that actually happening.
Click here to read more about the IG report (full story)
Dan Metcalfe — professor at American University's Washington College of Law, former Justice official
Dan Metcalfe (AU photo)
The Justice Department is claiming a 94.5 percent release rate on Freedom of Information Act requests. But not everyone thinks their numbers add up. Dan Metcalfe, a professor at American University's Washington College of Law and a founding director of the Justice Department's Office of Information and Privacy, discusses why he thinks the agency's numbers don't match up.
A Justice official discussed FOIA numbers — including the 94.5 percent figure — with Federal News Radio in February.
Oversight committee: Administration earns C- for FOIA management (related story)
Senior Master Sgt. Patrick Smith — Langley Air Force Base
The Air Force says a new fuel delivery system could save them millions of dollars and revolutionize flightline operations. Senior Master Sgt. Patrick Smith discusses the new Hydrant Mobile Refueler.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.
Ellen McCarthy (INSA photo)
Ellen McCarthy — President of the Intelligence and National Security Alliance
The intelligence community is looking at cloud computing for a lot of the same reasons other federal agencies are: saving money, operating more efficiently and reducing agency footprints. But the intel community may have different reasons than other agencies to move more deliberately, according to a new report from the Intelligence and National Security Alliance. Ellen McCarthy, the president of INSA, discusses how intelligence agencies make the migration to the cloud and some of the challenges they encounter.
Click here for more cloud computing news
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.