Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
On the show today — March 19
Monday - 3/19/2012, 4:34pm EDT
Frank Rusco — Director of Natural Resources and Environment Issues, GAO
The Government Accountability Office has completed an inventory of the federal government's renewable energy initiatives. All told, a whopping 23 agencies and 130 subagencies implemented nearly 700 renewable energy initiatives in 2010, according to the report. Frank Rusco, the director of Natural Resources and Environment Issues discusses how the agency went about documenting all of the government's green initiatives.
Click here for all of our "green government" coverage.
Find out about a new tool that could help agencies cut costs while still making their green gov goals.
Larry Allen — President, Allen Federal Business Partners
There's been a change in leadership at the General Services Administration's Integrations governmentwide acquisitions contract.
Federal News Radio's Jason Miller reported last week, Jim Ghiloni has been tasked with leading the effort. Contracting expert Larry Allen discusses the new hire and, more generally, GWACS across the government.
Click here to sign up for Larry Allen's weekly newsletter.
GSA preparing business case for next GWAC (related story)
Harold Good — President, National Procurement Institute
The National Procurement Institute is on the hunt. They're looking for your choice for the 2012 Achievement of Excellence in Procurement award. Harold Good is president of the National Procurement Institute.
Good discusses what the institute is looking for nominees and who qualifies.
Click here for instruction on how to apply.
Also on the show:
Francis played audio from a Brookings Institution event, Present Meets Future: Evolving Defense Paradigms, featuring remarks from Lt. Gen. Christopher Miller, deputy chief of staff for strategic plans and programs, U.S. Air Force.