Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
CISOs will likely face tighter IT security budgets
Monday - 7/18/2011, 6:30pm EDT
That means many chief information security officers may have to develop strategies for limited or reduced funding. (ISC)2 compiled 8 ideas for CISOs to consider as budgets tighten.
Increased efficiency is at the top of the list. (ISC)2 also recommends CISOs should develop and document processes, such as reporting under FISMA, and milestones tracking.
Becoming knowledgeable about the budget process also made the list. The ability to respond quickly to funding opportunities is the key to budgetary success, (ISC)2 said.
For all 8 ideas, click here.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.