Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
DoD tries new system to improve acquisition decision-making
Friday - 7/15/2011, 3:07pm EDT
DoD has begun using a program called Acquisition Visibility, part of the department's Business Transformation Agency, which has revolutionized how the Pentagon receives, processes and implements acquisition information.
Acquisition Visibility does this by making critical decision-making procurement data available to DoD's acquisition workforce on demand.
Mark Krzysko, deputy director of Defense Procurement and Acquisition Policy, told Federal News Radio how the program works and what prompted the move to this new system.