Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
DoD employee swap program underway
Friday - 7/1/2011, 5:14pm EDT
Federal News Radio
The Defense Department is launching the Information Technology Exchange Pilot Program. Through the program, DoD will swap employees with private sector companies.
The Defense Department said this program will give everyone involved an opportunity to share best practices through the exchange of high-performing information technology professionals in areas like cybersecurity.
The assignments will range from three months to one year.
Areas of interest include cloud computing, cybersecurity, IT consolidation, network services, IT project management, data management and enterprise architecture.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.