Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
Federal News Countdown: strike, union vote and budget constraints
Friday - 7/1/2011, 3:43pm EDT
-Stan Soloway, President and CEO, Professional Services Council
-Lisa Mascolo, former Managing Director, US Federal Client Service Group—Health & Public Service, Accenture
Lisa Mascolo's stories
#3 More time needed to finalize FedRAMP
From Federal News Radio:
Agencies will have to wait a little bit longer to buy cloud computing services that meet governmentwide cybersecurity requirements.
#2 750,000 in London to strike over cost-cutting austerity plan
From Washington Times:
Thousands of British schools will close and travelers will face long lines at airport immigration Thursday when three quarters of a million workers go on strike - the first blast in what unions hope will be a summer of discontent against the cost-cutting government's austerity plans.
#1 TSA loss becomes NTEU campaign issue
From Washington Post:
Colleen M. Kelley led her National Treasury Employees Union in a close, hard-fought election campaign to represent Transportation security officers.
But she lost.
Stan Soloway's stories
#3 DOD proposes new cybersecurity requirements for contractors
From Federal Computer Week:
Federal contractors whose information systems contain unclassified Defense Department information would have to safeguard that information from unauthorized access and notify DOD of any breaches under a proposed rule published today.
#2 Senate Authorizers Call for $1.1 Billion In Cuts To DOD Contract Services
Senate authorizers want to cut the Pentagon's fiscal year 2012 budget request for contract services by $1.1 billion.
The report accompanying the Senate Armed Services Committee's FY-12 defense authorization bill gripes that costs for contract services have grown beyond reason.
#1 Unemployment rises as government tightens wallet
From Washington Examiner:
The region's biggest economic generator -- the federal government -- is stalling.
Roughly 11,000 fewer Washingtonians were employed in May compared with April as the area's unemployment rate ticked up to 5.7 percent, according to data released Wednesday by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.