Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
9 out of 10 TSP funds down in June
Wednesday - 7/6/2011, 2:41pm EDT
In June, nine of the ten funds had negative returns.
"It was not a good month for TSP investors," said Tom Trabucco of the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board. But, he added, "Perhaps by adding a little bit perspective, we can brighten your day."
For the year and for the past 12 months, TSP returns are still "pretty good," Trabucco said.
And since mid-June the S&P 500 went up 5.7 percent, he said.
"That gives an indication of how quickly this market can move and why it's important, if you have the stomach for it, to be invested it the stock market because the gains can be significant over short periods of time," Trabucco said.
Despite the recent negative returns, Trabucco said interfund transfers have not increased.
"Generally we have 4,000 to 12,000 interfund transfers in a day," he said. "Over the last couple of weeks that's exactly where it's been."
Thrift Savings Plan June 2011 returns
|Fund||G Fund||F Fund||C Fund||S Fund||I Fund|
|L Funds||L Income||L 2020||L 2030||L 2040||L 2050|
Tom Trabucco of the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board will speak to In Depth with Francis Rose on Wednesday, July 6 to analyze the numbers.