Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
9 out of 10 TSP funds down in June
Wednesday - 7/6/2011, 2:41pm EDT
Your Thrift Savings Plan returns have been on a steady climb but the recently the funds have had negative returns.
In June, nine of the ten funds had negative returns.
"It was not a good month for TSP investors," said Tom Trabucco of the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board. But, he added, "Perhaps by adding a little bit perspective, we can brighten your day."
For the year and for the past 12 months, TSP returns are still "pretty good," Trabucco said.
And since mid-June the S&P 500 went up 5.7 percent, he said.
"That gives an indication of how quickly this market can move and why it's important, if you have the stomach for it, to be invested it the stock market because the gains can be significant over short periods of time," Trabucco said.
Despite the recent negative returns, Trabucco said interfund transfers have not increased.
"Generally we have 4,000 to 12,000 interfund transfers in a day," he said. "Over the last couple of weeks that's exactly where it's been."
Thrift Savings Plan June 2011 returns
|Fund||G Fund||F Fund||C Fund||S Fund||I Fund|
|L Funds||L Income||L 2020||L 2030||L 2040||L 2050|
Tom Trabucco of the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board will speak to In Depth with Francis Rose on Wednesday, July 6 to analyze the numbers.