Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
OMBWatch supports draft order to disclose contractors' political donations
Friday - 4/29/2011, 5:27pm EDT
The President's plan to make federal contractors disclose political donations is under fire. The executive order would require federal contractors and their subsidiaries to disclose political donations to federal candidates or parties.
The order is still a draft.
The White House says it's all about transparency. But Senate Republicans say details in the draft aren't clear. And they're worried about an infringement of First Amendment rights, and how the donation information will be used at agencies.
Gary Bass the executive director at OMB Watch. His group has come out in support of the plan.