Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
Pentagon Solutions: Getting the right equipment to the warfighter
Wednesday - 4/27/2011, 4:55pm EDT
Command Sergeant Major Bernard C. McPherson
The Program Executive Office Soldier is a government organization in charge of rapid prototyping, procurement and delivery of equipment to warfighters.
PEO Soldier views the soldier as "an integrated system" ensuring everything the warfighter carries works together, according to the Army's website.
Command Sergeant Major Bernard C. McPherson, command sergeant major of PEO Soldier, explains how the organization function and whether budget cuts will affect the ability to fund research and development for equipment needed by troops.
Watch CSM McPherson explain the gear warfighters wear.
Some of the uniforms and equipment CSM McPherson brought to the Federal News Radio studio: