Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
Bill would protect military pay in shutdown
Friday - 4/1/2011, 4:38pm EDT
Sponsor Rep.Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) says the Ensuring Pay for Our Military Act would protect both active duty and reserve members. The bill would appropriate the money DoD needs to pay them.
"Ensuring the troops are paid on time is essential to the morale of our soldiers," Gohmert said in a statement. "No military member should have to worry about the financial situation of their family back home. The families of our service members act as a lifeline—one that supports, encourages, and impels American soldiers to defend this country with passion."
Right now, a number of servicemembers would lose their pay during a shutdown.
Watch the press conference about the bill.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.