Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
Bill would protect military pay in shutdown
Friday - 4/1/2011, 4:38pm EDT
Sponsor Rep.Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) says the Ensuring Pay for Our Military Act would protect both active duty and reserve members. The bill would appropriate the money DoD needs to pay them.
"Ensuring the troops are paid on time is essential to the morale of our soldiers," Gohmert said in a statement. "No military member should have to worry about the financial situation of their family back home. The families of our service members act as a lifeline—one that supports, encourages, and impels American soldiers to defend this country with passion."
Right now, a number of servicemembers would lose their pay during a shutdown.
Watch the press conference about the bill.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.