Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
Jumper: Breaking "titanium stovepipes" key to DoD success
Tuesday - 3/15/2011, 5:46pm EDT
"You bump up against what I call titanium stovepipes," General Jumper observed. "Ownership becomes more of an issue than integration. You go to the communities that own pieces of information that you really need to integrate...and you find out you run up against a protective society that doesn't want to release that information."
That ownership challenge lies with the people, not with the technology.
"The technology is there for us to be able to share seamlessly across stovepipes," General Jumper told me, "but a lot of times you're dealing with bureaucracies that are not so willing to give [information] up, and that impacts the availability of information down through the system."
General Jumper and I also talked about managing and leading in tough times; reshaping budgets - and expectation - in the current financial situation; the response to surprise disasters like the ones in Japan; and much more.