Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
2011 predictions: terrorism, economic security will impact everything
Thursday - 12/23/2010, 1:40pm EST
Dr. Charles Herzfeld is Senior Fellow and member of the Board of Regents at the Potomac Institute for Policy Studies. His distinguished career includes service as Senior Consultant to the Director of the Office of Science and Technology Policy, in the Executive Office of the President; Director of Defense Research and Engineering of the Department of Defense; and leadership roles at the Defense Advanced Research Agency (DARPA), and the Defense Nuclear Agency. He was Director of the Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA) from 1965 to 1967; he advocated and supervised that agency's start of ARPANET, the linking of a series of computers that became the predecessor of the Internet.
Dr. Herzfeld's predictions centered around the impact of the fight against terrorism, and continuing economic instability. He discussed his predictions, and how they will affect the way your agency meets its mission, on the show today.