Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
Paschuck: Policy certainty helping agencies make cloud move
Friday - 10/22/2010, 1:56am EDT
"There are all kinds of flavors of the cloud out there," Kevin told me. "The definition has really become solid. NIST has put out some guidelines that really frame up cloud computing. OMB and GSA have elevated it with the FedRamp program, and really standardized the security of the cloud, so it's becoming more and more mainstream for government."
That policy certainty is generating some technology certainty. "Twelve months ago, the question was 'will I go to the cloud?' Today when I meet with clients, it's 'when will I go to the cloud?'"
You can hear my entire conversation with Kevin by clicking on the audio link.