Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
Paschuck: Policy certainty helping agencies make cloud move
Friday - 10/22/2010, 1:56am EDT
"There are all kinds of flavors of the cloud out there," Kevin told me. "The definition has really become solid. NIST has put out some guidelines that really frame up cloud computing. OMB and GSA have elevated it with the FedRamp program, and really standardized the security of the cloud, so it's becoming more and more mainstream for government."
That policy certainty is generating some technology certainty. "Twelve months ago, the question was 'will I go to the cloud?' Today when I meet with clients, it's 'when will I go to the cloud?'"
You can hear my entire conversation with Kevin by clicking on the audio link.