Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
Best of In Depth - September 24
Friday - 9/24/2010, 7:45pm EDT
- Federal News Countdown
Joining In Depth with their lists of the week's top stories are Kim Peretti, director of PricewaterhouseCoopers's Forensic Technology Solutions practice and former senior counselor at the Justice Department Criminal Division's Computer Crime and Intellectual Property Section, and Tom Shoop, Editor in Chief of Government Executive and GovExec.com.
Their top picks include stories about reshaping the Pentagon, catching cyber criminals and hiring reform at federal agencies.
- Young: Multiyear contracts at DoD can save money
The Defense Department is overlooking an important cost-cutting tool -- multiyear procurement (MYP) contracts.
That's the opinion of John Young, former undersecretary of defense for acquisition, technology and logistics, who spoke with In Depth this week.
Currently DoD must request MYP contracts on a project-by-project basis, but Young said MYPs should become a "buying tool."