Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
Best of In Depth - September 24
Friday - 9/24/2010, 7:45pm EDT
- Federal News Countdown
Joining In Depth with their lists of the week's top stories are Kim Peretti, director of PricewaterhouseCoopers's Forensic Technology Solutions practice and former senior counselor at the Justice Department Criminal Division's Computer Crime and Intellectual Property Section, and Tom Shoop, Editor in Chief of Government Executive and GovExec.com.
Their top picks include stories about reshaping the Pentagon, catching cyber criminals and hiring reform at federal agencies.
- Young: Multiyear contracts at DoD can save money
The Defense Department is overlooking an important cost-cutting tool -- multiyear procurement (MYP) contracts.
That's the opinion of John Young, former undersecretary of defense for acquisition, technology and logistics, who spoke with In Depth this week.
Currently DoD must request MYP contracts on a project-by-project basis, but Young said MYPs should become a "buying tool."