Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
Best of In Depth - September 24
Friday - 9/24/2010, 7:45pm EDT
- Federal News Countdown
Joining In Depth with their lists of the week's top stories are Kim Peretti, director of PricewaterhouseCoopers's Forensic Technology Solutions practice and former senior counselor at the Justice Department Criminal Division's Computer Crime and Intellectual Property Section, and Tom Shoop, Editor in Chief of Government Executive and GovExec.com.
Their top picks include stories about reshaping the Pentagon, catching cyber criminals and hiring reform at federal agencies.
- Young: Multiyear contracts at DoD can save money
The Defense Department is overlooking an important cost-cutting tool -- multiyear procurement (MYP) contracts.
That's the opinion of John Young, former undersecretary of defense for acquisition, technology and logistics, who spoke with In Depth this week.
Currently DoD must request MYP contracts on a project-by-project basis, but Young said MYPs should become a "buying tool."