Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
McCullough: more agencies collaborating with vendors
Tuesday - 8/3/2010, 7:43pm EDT
"I think we are seeing a trend there that's obviously faster there than at some other [agencies]," Ryan says. "There are a number of groups that are engaging the same kind of strategy that GSA has been talking about. Where I think we're seeing less of it is on the task order side - the things that are a specific mission requirement being addressed."
But Ryan sees more room for agencies and vendors to work together well before the RFP comes out. "I would like to see an increase in the industry/agency collaboration that happens around understanding the possibilities. We still see it in the form of RFIs, where there's an influx of paper...how much of that really gets translated? It's tough to weed out the amount of information you can get in that kind of environment. It's really the ongoing kind of engagement that has to exist between industry and government."
Ryan and I discussed a wide range of issues including cloud computing, data center consolidation, and communication between industry and government.