Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
Cyber Command sorting out authority among agencies
Monday - 7/12/2010, 7:30pm EDT
"Leaders of the U.S. Cyber Command were sharing ideas and concerns regarding the agency's mission and objectives during a recent cybersecurity symposium in Washington, D.C.
"The leaders attempted to answer unresolved questions in the basic constructs of their protection of cyber networks, such as the definition of a 'cyber attack' and the appropriate timing for when the Department of Homeland Security should step in.
"'We have lots of decisions to make in the cyber domain,' said Navy Vice Adm. Carl Mauney, deputy commander of U.S. Strategic Command.
"During the symposium, the new command urged military leaders to adopt a more concerned standpoint on the importance of cybersecurity and the securing of crucial networks. Mauney expressed the importance of this due to the military's growing dependence on network communication.
"'We need to be prepared for our networks to continue to operate in the face of a computer network attack,' he said. 'It's not about hunkering down behind a firewall. It's about the military being able to do the job they are called upon to do.'
"Mauney explained the importance of the military's ability to stay on their toes, as the cyber environment is continuously changing.
I played highlights of Admiral Mauney's presentation; you can see the entire presentation in the video below.