Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
Steve Charles: price squeeze may be coming to vendors
Thursday - 7/1/2010, 7:40pm EDT
"The message we are giving to our interagency partners is, 'Where do you provide the value?'" Assad told event attendees. "If you provide the value and expertise in certain areas and we can see it, we are going to come to you."
That sounds like a price squeeze, Steve Charles, Vice President of ImmixGroup told me today on Industry Chatter. "I think we're going to see a lot more competition requirement, and I think the government, in order to conduct those competitions, is going to try to compare apples to apples."
But that goal of competition is potentially at odds with other goals the administration has set, especially in IT buying. "On one hand Xxthe governmentXX says we want innovation, we want the latest and greatest. On the other hand, it says we want to be able to compete you for price. So we have that conundrum of trying to find best value when everybody has a different idea of what best value is."
Steve spent the one o'clock hour in the studio with me today. We talked about best-value contracting; competition in contracting, both before and after the RFP is released; and how to develop the acquisition workforce.