Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
Improper payments getting scrutiny at Federal agencies
Monday - 6/21/2010, 6:56pm EDT
"The Obama administration is attacking the $100 billion improper payments problem on yet another front.
"Along with expanding the use of recovery audits by vendors, the White House now is focusing more attention on the agency processes.
"President Barack Obama Friday signed a memo requiring agencies 'to review current pre-payment and pre-award procedures and ensure that a thorough review of available databases with relevant information on eligibility occurs before the release of any federal funds.'
"These databases now are known as the 'Do Not Pay List.' The Office of Management and Budget must provide the White House a plan for further integration of these disparate databases by mid-October."
I played highlights of the media event with Vice President Biden and OMB Director Peter Orszag. You can hear the entire event by clicking the audio link.