Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
DHS's Marshall: Supply chain management vital
Tuesday - 6/8/2010, 7:09pm EDT
"In countless expert panel discussions and seminars on cybersecurity, the challenge of securing the nation's IT infrastructure has often been likened to building an airplane as it flies through the air -- or even herding cats.
"That was the whimsical, yet deadly important message that Richard Marshall, Director for Global Cyber Security Management, with the National Cybersecurity Division of the Department of Homeland Security sought to impress upon those listening to his keynote address to the ISC2 SecureAmericas conference, which wrapped up yesterday at the Crystal City Marriott hotel.
"Marshall, who is a lawyer by training, told the ISC2 audience that the explosive growth of the Internet makes cybersecurity an even more important priority than ever.
"Marshall says that for the foreseeable future, secure, supply chain management of the hardware that runs and protects IT networks is vital.
"He also believes that now, more than ever, software assurance - making sure that the programs that defend the cybersecurity infractructure do what they are intended to do - is another important part of the puzzle for the future.
I played highlight of Mr. Marshall's speech on the show; you can hear the whole thing by clicking on the audio link.