Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
GAO's John Needham on smooth insourcing
Tuesday - 5/25/2010, 6:54pm EDT
The Senate Homeland Security Committee's subcommittee on Oversight of Government Management got some input last Thursday from Dan Gordon, Administrator of the Office of Federal Procurement Policy; Jeff Neal, Chief Human Capital Officer at the Homeland Security Department; Chuck Grimes, Deputy Associate Director of Employee Services at OPM; and John Needham, Director of Acquisition and Sourcing Management at the GAO.
The subcommittee also heard from some experts outside government: Maureen Gilman, Legislative Director of the National Treasury Employees Union; Alan Chvotkin, Executive Vice President and Counsel of the Professional Services Council; and Mark Whetstone, President of the National Citizenship and Immigration Services Council.
I played highlights of the first panel in the show today. You can watch the entire hearing on the video link below.
In the second hour of the show today, John Needham of the GAO expanded on his testimony, sharing ideas for agencies to implement the OMB guidelines he and others talked about at the hearing.