Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
GAO's John Needham on smooth insourcing
Tuesday - 5/25/2010, 6:54pm EDT
The Senate Homeland Security Committee's subcommittee on Oversight of Government Management got some input last Thursday from Dan Gordon, Administrator of the Office of Federal Procurement Policy; Jeff Neal, Chief Human Capital Officer at the Homeland Security Department; Chuck Grimes, Deputy Associate Director of Employee Services at OPM; and John Needham, Director of Acquisition and Sourcing Management at the GAO.
The subcommittee also heard from some experts outside government: Maureen Gilman, Legislative Director of the National Treasury Employees Union; Alan Chvotkin, Executive Vice President and Counsel of the Professional Services Council; and Mark Whetstone, President of the National Citizenship and Immigration Services Council.
I played highlights of the first panel in the show today. You can watch the entire hearing on the video link below.
In the second hour of the show today, John Needham of the GAO expanded on his testimony, sharing ideas for agencies to implement the OMB guidelines he and others talked about at the hearing.