Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
VA CIO Baker takes hotseat in the House
Thursday - 5/20/2010, 7:01pm EDT
In the wake of two more data losses at the Department of Veterans Affairs, the House Veterans Affairs Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations brought in officials from the Government Accountability Office, the Inspector General's Office at the VA, and the VA itself.
Subcommittee Chairman Harry Mitchell said in his opening statement that "just recently, we have learned of two data breaches: In Texas, 3, 265 veteran's records were compromised when information went missing from a facility conducting lab tests. In a second instance in Texas, a VA contracted company had a laptop stolen compromising the records of 644 veterans. These recent data breaches are proof that the VA still has a long ways to go in ensuring our nation's veterans that their most sensitive information is being safely stored and handled."
The first panel included Greg Wilshusen, Director of Information Security Issues at the GAO, accompanied by Valerie Melvin, Director of Information Management and Human Capital Issues, at the GAO; and Belinda Finn, Assistant Inspector General for Audits and Evaluations in the Office of Inspector General at VA, accompanied by Michael Bowman, Director of Information Technology and Security Audits in the Office of Inspector General at VA.
The second panel was anchored by Roger Baker, Assistant Secretary for Information and Technology and Chief Information Officer at the VA, accompanied by Jaren Doherty, Associate Deputy Assistant Secretary for Information Protection and Risk Management in the Office of Information and Technology at VA; Jan Frye, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Acquisition and Logistics in the Office of Acquisition, Logistics, and Construction at VA; and Frederick Downs, Chief Procurement and Clinical Logistics Officer at the Veterans Health Administration at the VA.
You can watch the entire hearing here: