Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
VA CIO Baker takes hotseat in the House
Thursday - 5/20/2010, 7:01pm EDT
Subcommittee Chairman Harry Mitchell said in his opening statement that "just recently, we have learned of two data breaches: In Texas, 3, 265 veteran's records were compromised when information went missing from a facility conducting lab tests. In a second instance in Texas, a VA contracted company had a laptop stolen compromising the records of 644 veterans. These recent data breaches are proof that the VA still has a long ways to go in ensuring our nation's veterans that their most sensitive information is being safely stored and handled."
The first panel included Greg Wilshusen, Director of Information Security Issues at the GAO, accompanied by Valerie Melvin, Director of Information Management and Human Capital Issues, at the GAO; and Belinda Finn, Assistant Inspector General for Audits and Evaluations in the Office of Inspector General at VA, accompanied by Michael Bowman, Director of Information Technology and Security Audits in the Office of Inspector General at VA.
The second panel was anchored by Roger Baker, Assistant Secretary for Information and Technology and Chief Information Officer at the VA, accompanied by Jaren Doherty, Associate Deputy Assistant Secretary for Information Protection and Risk Management in the Office of Information and Technology at VA; Jan Frye, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Acquisition and Logistics in the Office of Acquisition, Logistics, and Construction at VA; and Frederick Downs, Chief Procurement and Clinical Logistics Officer at the Veterans Health Administration at the VA.
You can watch the entire hearing here: