Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
How to make federal management more effective
Thursday - 5/6/2010, 8:16pm EDT
Just some of the topics of discussion:
Today's breaking news included the failure of a bill in the House of Representatives promoting telework at agencies. Bob analyzed the results, and we talked about some of the reasons managers might still be dragging their feet on telework.
Measuring for results often fails at the beginning - when the measurements themselves are determined. Bob listed some critical elements of the measurement creation process, and the follow-up necessary to ensure the results that are desired are the ones being measured.
The Pentagon's pay-for-performance plan - the National Security Personnel System - is almost completely gone. But Bob believes one element of NSPS deserves resuscitation. He explained the three elements of NSPS - and which one should be kept around.