Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
How to make federal management more effective
Thursday - 5/6/2010, 8:16pm EDT
Just some of the topics of discussion:
Today's breaking news included the failure of a bill in the House of Representatives promoting telework at agencies. Bob analyzed the results, and we talked about some of the reasons managers might still be dragging their feet on telework.
Measuring for results often fails at the beginning - when the measurements themselves are determined. Bob listed some critical elements of the measurement creation process, and the follow-up necessary to ensure the results that are desired are the ones being measured.
The Pentagon's pay-for-performance plan - the National Security Personnel System - is almost completely gone. But Bob believes one element of NSPS deserves resuscitation. He explained the three elements of NSPS - and which one should be kept around.