Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
How to make federal management more effective
Thursday - 5/6/2010, 8:16pm EDT
Just some of the topics of discussion:
Today's breaking news included the failure of a bill in the House of Representatives promoting telework at agencies. Bob analyzed the results, and we talked about some of the reasons managers might still be dragging their feet on telework.
Measuring for results often fails at the beginning - when the measurements themselves are determined. Bob listed some critical elements of the measurement creation process, and the follow-up necessary to ensure the results that are desired are the ones being measured.
The Pentagon's pay-for-performance plan - the National Security Personnel System - is almost completely gone. But Bob believes one element of NSPS deserves resuscitation. He explained the three elements of NSPS - and which one should be kept around.