Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
OPM's Foley details "Results Only Work Environment"
Wednesday - 5/5/2010, 7:25pm EDT
"In the effort to attract and retain a new generation of federal workers, what can the federal government offer beyond a steady paycheck and good fringe benefits?
"That was the main question that the Senate Subcommittee on Oversight of Government Management and the Federal Workforce sought to answer in a Tuesday hearing on work-life programs.
"The subcommittee, which is part of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee , discussed at length work-life initiatives like expanded teleworking, and wellness program, to provide more incentives to those contemplating a federal career.
"But most of the attention at the hearing centered on the Office of Personnel Management's new 'Results Only Work Environment', or ROWE, pilot program. The program was announced last month, but yesterday, Jonathan Foley, senior advisor to OPM Director John Berry, revealed for the first time some of the finer details of the new pilot program, also known as the workforce flexibility initiative."
Today we played highlights of both witness panels of the hearing, including testimony and questions from all of the participants. The hearing's first witness panel included Mr. Foley and Dr. Cecilia Rouse of the President's Council of Economic Advisors. The second panel featured Kathleen Lingle, Executive Director of the Alliance for Work-Life Progress at WorldatWork; Max Stier, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Partnership for Public Service; Colleen Kelley, National President of the National Treasury Employees Union; and Joe Flynn, Vice President of the American Federation of Government Employees.