Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
UPDATE: More on training and mentoring managers at your agency
Tuesday - 5/4/2010, 5:53pm EDT
"For many years now, the care and feeding of the federal workforce has been the purview of Hawaii Senator Daniel Akaka (D.), chairman of the Senate Subcommittee on Government Management and the Federal Workforce -- a part of the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee.
"During his recent hearing on 'Training and Mentoring Programs for Federal Supervisors', Akaka discussed legislation he's drafted and introduced.
"Nancy Kichak, Associate Director and Chief Human Capital Officer with the Office of Personnel Management, says her agency is currently developing plans as part of its broader goal of reforming the federal hiring process, to redefine training and mentoring programs for prospective federal managers.
"Marilee Fitzgerald, acting Deputy Secretary of Defense for Civilian Personnel Policy, told the subcommittee about the Pentagon's work in the area of improving training and opportunities for those aspiring to jobs as supervisors in DoD.
UPDATE: Today I followed up yesterday's testimony from Ms. Kichak and Ms. Fitzgerald with questions from Senators Akaka and George Voinovich. They were the witnesses on the first panel; you can read more about the second panel and the witnesses on it here.