Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
JPDO's Karlin Toner explains progress on FAA's NextGen system
Tuesday - 4/27/2010, 2:48pm EDT
But the NextGen system overall has had its share of problems, both operationally and managerially. Federal News Radio's Jason Miller joined me to review them, as a preview of the issues the House Transportation aviation subcommittee was interested in last week at a hearing on NextGen.
The subcommittee wanted "to explore how the near- and mid-term targets of the Next Generation Air Transportation System (NextGen) are being reconciled with long-term goals and how the Joint Planning and Development Office (JPDO) is leveraging, or plans to leverage, its agency partners' resources to achieve these goals," according to subcommittee staff.
I played highlights of the hearing, including the testimony of Dr. Karlin Toner of the Joint Planning and Development Office at the FAA; Dr. Gerald Dillingham, Director of Physical Infrastructure Issues at the GAO; and Transportation Department Inspector General Calvin Scovel. You can watch the entire hearing in the video player below.