Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
JPDO's Karlin Toner explains progress on FAA's NextGen system
Tuesday - 4/27/2010, 2:48pm EDT
But the NextGen system overall has had its share of problems, both operationally and managerially. Federal News Radio's Jason Miller joined me to review them, as a preview of the issues the House Transportation aviation subcommittee was interested in last week at a hearing on NextGen.
The subcommittee wanted "to explore how the near- and mid-term targets of the Next Generation Air Transportation System (NextGen) are being reconciled with long-term goals and how the Joint Planning and Development Office (JPDO) is leveraging, or plans to leverage, its agency partners' resources to achieve these goals," according to subcommittee staff.
I played highlights of the hearing, including the testimony of Dr. Karlin Toner of the Joint Planning and Development Office at the FAA; Dr. Gerald Dillingham, Director of Physical Infrastructure Issues at the GAO; and Transportation Department Inspector General Calvin Scovel. You can watch the entire hearing in the video player below.