Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
JPDO's Karlin Toner explains progress on FAA's NextGen system
Tuesday - 4/27/2010, 2:48pm EDT
But the NextGen system overall has had its share of problems, both operationally and managerially. Federal News Radio's Jason Miller joined me to review them, as a preview of the issues the House Transportation aviation subcommittee was interested in last week at a hearing on NextGen.
The subcommittee wanted "to explore how the near- and mid-term targets of the Next Generation Air Transportation System (NextGen) are being reconciled with long-term goals and how the Joint Planning and Development Office (JPDO) is leveraging, or plans to leverage, its agency partners' resources to achieve these goals," according to subcommittee staff.
I played highlights of the hearing, including the testimony of Dr. Karlin Toner of the Joint Planning and Development Office at the FAA; Dr. Gerald Dillingham, Director of Physical Infrastructure Issues at the GAO; and Transportation Department Inspector General Calvin Scovel. You can watch the entire hearing in the video player below.