Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
OPM Director John Berry makes waves on the Eastern Shore at IRMCO
Tuesday - 4/13/2010, 5:13pm EDT
A new generation of future leaders is coming to an agency near you.
Nine hundred Presidential intern candidates are screened and ready for hire for agencies across government, says OPM Director John Berry. Federal News Radio's Tom Temin covered Director Berry's speech at IRMCO this morning, and reported the details today on In Depth.
"He's told agencies if you hire all 900 of them, I will double it - I will provide you with 1800 next year," Tom told me. And Berry continued, "if you hire all of those, I'll provide you with 4000 Presidential intern candidates the year after that."
Those candidates will be on the track to the tops of their agencies too. "They come in, they learn the work of the agency, they become permanent employees, and eventually they could rise as high as they want to go in the Federal government. They definitely represent the best and the brightest, as [Berry] likes to put it," Tom said.
Director Berry's speech made an impression on the audience at IRMCO. "I think the highlight really has been the speech by Berry this morning. He gave it with such astonishing passion that people were clapping. [Berry] said that he would swear to God that he's going to end the KSAs."
You can hear my entire conversation with Tom about Director Berry's speech and the rest of his experience at IRMCO by clicking the audio link.