Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
GSA's Bev Godwin helping agencies meet Open Government Directive
Friday - 1/22/2010, 12:00pm EST
"If you manage web or IT resources for a federal agency, its very likely you know that you and your bosses are under mandate from the White House to craft an Open Government Plan outlining how your agency plans to expand its outreach to the public through the Web and other tools.
"It is all part of the Open Government Directive.
"Bev Godwin is widely known in the federal Web community for her ground-breaking work at the General Services Administration and the White House, where she served last year.
"Now back from that tour of duty, Godwin has a new title: Director of New Media and Citizen Engagement. Her new, short-term mission is to ride to the aid of agencies trying to comply with the Open Government Directive."
I played highlights of yesterday's AFCEA Bethesda event where Bev spoke about meeting Open Government Directive requirements, among other subjects.