Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
GSA's Bev Godwin helping agencies meet Open Government Directive
Friday - 1/22/2010, 12:00pm EST
"If you manage web or IT resources for a federal agency, its very likely you know that you and your bosses are under mandate from the White House to craft an Open Government Plan outlining how your agency plans to expand its outreach to the public through the Web and other tools.
"It is all part of the Open Government Directive.
"Bev Godwin is widely known in the federal Web community for her ground-breaking work at the General Services Administration and the White House, where she served last year.
"Now back from that tour of duty, Godwin has a new title: Director of New Media and Citizen Engagement. Her new, short-term mission is to ride to the aid of agencies trying to comply with the Open Government Directive."
I played highlights of yesterday's AFCEA Bethesda event where Bev spoke about meeting Open Government Directive requirements, among other subjects.