Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Shishu S. Gupta
Monday - 5/19/2014, 1:13pm EDT
Deputy Director, Office of the Chief Information Officer
Mr. Gupta is NGA's Deputy Chief Information Officer (CIO), located at its Springfield, Virginia campus. The CIO is responsible for providing leadership, policy, guidance and governance across all aspects of Information Technology (IT) investments and activities to fully enable the agency's GEOINT mission and vision.
Mr. Gupta joined the federal service as a Senior Intelligence Service officer in 1999, converted to the Senior National Intelligence Service in 2006, then to the Defense Intelligence Senior Executive Service in 2010. Prior assignments included Director of planning for NGA's adoption of IC Cloud services; Director of the IT Service Directorate's Projects and Integration Office comprising international, persistence, tactical, expeditionary, and special programs; Director of NSG GEOINT requirements and studies; Assistant Chief Financial Executive; Assistant Deputy DNI of Intelligence Community Capability Requirements; Director of Systems Engineering at the Office of the DNI; and the founding Director of the DNI Cost Analysis Improvement Group. Through these experiences, he has worked on or provided functional oversight over most major programs in the Intelligence Community.
Prior to his government service, Mr. Gupta was a department manager at TASC, Inc., a national provider of engineering and consulting services to the defense and intelligence communities; and a program manager at Atlantic Research Corporation in Boulder, Colorado. He also served as an Engineer in the Advanced Programs Division of Martin Marietta Astronautics in Denver, Colorado.
Mr. Gupta was awarded the National Intelligence Superior Service Medal in September 2009.
He has a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering, a Bachelor of Arts degree in Chemistry, and a Master of Business Administration, all awarded at the University of Colorado.
Mr. Gupta has published widely in the field of cost risk analysis and served as the Washington DC region's Vice President of the National Board of Directors for the Society of Cost Estimating and Analysis.
Mr. Gupta is married and has two children.