Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Tuesday - 1/7/2014, 11:25am EST
Maria A. Roat
General Services Administration
Maria A. Roat became FedRAMP Director, Office of Citizen Services and Innovative Technology, General Services Administration in January 2013 bringing 30 years of professional experience in information technology, including operations and intelligence.
Previously Ms. Roat served as Deputy Chief Information Officer, Director for Administration within the Department of Homeland Security/Federal Emergency Management Agency (DHS/FEMA), November 2011.
Ms. Roat served as Chief of Staff, Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) in DHS Headquarters, September 2008. She directed the OCIO Front Office, which serves as the principal administrative advisor to the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and Deputy CIO, with responsibilities for budget, acquisitions, communications, human resources, and support programs.
Ms. Roat joined DHS in June 2004, first serving at the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), where she was Deputy Director, Technology Development, 2005- 2006, for TSA's Secure Flight Program. In August 2006, Ms. Roat began serving at U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS), as the Program Manager for the Fraud Detection and National Security System, and then Chief of Staff, Office of Information Technology (OIT), where she managed OIT operations and administration, in addition to holding responsibility as the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) with oversight of all aspects of USCIS' Information Security Program.
Prior to joining DHS, Ms. Roat was with the Department of the Navy working in enterprise network management and engineering, as well as IT operations.
Ms. Roat retired from the U.S. Navy in 2007, with 26 years of active duty and reserve service, in which she obtained the rank of Master Chief Petty Officer, Information Systems Technician. Ms. Roat served in numerous leadership positions including Command Master Chief for the Reserve Intelligence Area Washington (2002- 2005) and the Center for Navy Leadership Mid-Atlantic (2005-2007).
Ms. Roat is a graduate of the Harvard Business School Executive Education Program for Leadership Development, and the Navy Senior Enlisted Academy.