Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Monday - 9/24/2012, 3:27pm EDT
Weatherford has a wealth of experience in information technology and cybersecurity at the federal, state and private-sector levels.
Weatherford was previously the vice president and chief security officer of the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) where he directed the cybersecurity and critical infrastructure protection program.
Before NERC, Weatherford was with the state of California where he was appointed by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger as the state's first chief information security officer.
Prior to California, he served as the first chief information security officer for the state of Colorado, where he was appointed by two successive governors.
Previously, as a member of the Raytheon Company, he successfully built and directed the Navy/Marine Corps Intranet Security Operations Center (SOC) in San Diego, California, and also was part of a team conducting security certification and accreditation with the Missile Defense Agency.
A former U.S. Navy Cryptologic Officer, Weatherford led the U.S. Navy's Computer Network Defense operations and the Naval Computer Incident Response Team (NAVCIRT).
Weatherford earned a bachelor's degree from the University of Arizona and a master's degree from the Naval Postgraduate School. He also holds Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) certifications.
He was awarded SC Magazine's prestigious "CSO of the Year" award for 2010 and named one of the 10 Most Influential People in Government Information Security for 2012 by GovInfo Security.