Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - 9/17/2012, 12:46pm EDT
As CFO, Johnson provides advice and counsel to senior FEMA leadership, including the FEMA administrator and deputy administrator, on budget, financial, internal control, and other related matters. He also represents FEMA with the Department of Homeland Security, Office of Management and Budget, and Congressional offices on related matters, in addition to leading an organization of 250 professionals and technical staff.
Immediately before joining FEMA, Johnson was the director of the Burlington Finance Center (BFC) for Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). While at ICE, he has also served as the acting director for financial management on numerous extended occasions, as well as ICE's acting chief and deputy chief financial officer.
Prior to ICE, Johnson was the assistant regional director for planning, analysis, and data support (Eastern Region), Citizenship and Immigration Services. Johnson also has held numerous senior executive positions with the legacy Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS), including acting director and deputy director for budget, assistant regional director for finance, and director of resource management.
He has also held senior staff positions with the Office of Management and Budget (Executive Office of the President) and the Environmental Protection Agency.
Johnson also completed numerous special assignments and details during his distinguished federal career, including assisting with the stand-up of the Department of Homeland Security and the Border and Transportation Security Directorate, helping produce the national INS Detention and Removal and the Eastern Region Border Enforcement Strategic Plans, working on transition teams, and setting-up new systems and business procedures.
Johnson is a graduate of St. Michael's College in Vermont, the Department of Agriculture's Leadership Development Academy (Executive Potential Program), Office of Personnel Management's Executive Seminar on Economics and Public Policy, and Harvard University's Senior Executive Fellows program.
He is also the recipient of numerous prestigious awards including DHS CFO's Manager of the Year, OMB's special achievement and recognition award, "Who's Who in Government Service," and recognition for transforming ICE OFM and ICE achieving its first audit opinion.
Johnson is the proud husband of an educator and the father of an accountant, and he enjoys supporting community activities.