Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Monday - 9/17/2012, 12:35pm EDT
Sherry joined the department in May 2007 as the director of the DHS Office of Financial Management. As the director of DHS Financial Management, Sherry established department-wide financial management policies to ensure efficient and transparent operations and department resources are not vulnerable to waste, fraud, and mismanagement. She also spearheaded department-wide financial reporting to Treasury and the Office of Management and Budget as well as the department's financial audits.
Prior to joining the department, Sherry was the deputy chief financial officer for the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum. Sherry oversaw the successful conversion to the Museum's new financial management system and instituted processes that led to seven unqualified audit opinions on the Museum's financial statements.
Before then, she was an auditor with GAO for more than nine years. During her time at GAO, Sherry oversaw numerous financial audits, to include leading segments of the financial statement audit of the U.S. government. Prior to her service in the public sector, she worked as a financial manager in the banking and construction industries.
Sherry is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Association of Government Accountants. She holds a B.S. in accounting from George Mason University and an M.S. in accounting and finance from University of Maryland University College.