Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Emerson is responsible for the department's recruiting, diversity, learning and development, policies, programs and technology to ensure the department has the right people in the right jobs at the right time; that the DHS workforce represents the nation it serves; that employees are developed and rewarded; and human capital policies, processes and technology support the department's ability to fulfill the mission.
Prior to joining the department, Emerson was the assistant administrator for human resource management at the Federal Aviation Administration. Emerson advised and assisted the administrator in directing, coordinating, communicating and leading an effective FAA human resources program that supports a workforce responsible for ensuring the safety and efficiency of the national airspace system. She served as chair of the administrator's Employee Engagement Steering Committee and a member of the FAA's labor forum. She also served as the designated agency employee health and safety official, and the co-chair of the Employee Forum Association. She was appointed from her position as the deputy assistant administrator for human resource management.
Prior to her employment with the FAA, Emerson served as the director of policy and performance management/chief human capital officer and the acting executive director for the Federal Labor Relations Authority. From July 2008 to October 2008, she served as FLRA's administrative head in absence of a presidentially appointed chairman. Emerson is the only federal career employee at FLRA to have performed this function.
Prior to joining FLRA, Emerson was an assistant director in the Office of Human Resources, Justice Management Division, Department of Justice. In October 2007, she received the Attorney General's John Marshall Award, the department's highest award presented to attorneys for contributions and excellence in legal performance. While at the Justice Department, Emerson also received several Justice Management Division Special Commendation Awards.
Emerson holds a B.A. and J.D. from The Catholic University of America. She is a member of the Maryland and District of Columbia Bars.