Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
John Owens II
Thursday - 9/6/2012, 12:28am EDT
John B. Owens‚ II was appointed Chief Information Officer (CIO) for the agency in December 2008. Since joining the USPTO in February 2008, Mr. Owens served as the director of the USPTO's System Development and Maintenance Group under the CIO, and served as Acting CIO since October 2008.
As CIO, Mr. Owens is the principal advisor to the USPTO on the architectural design and acquisition of supporting automated information systems and the underlying information technology infrastructure. He has led the recent initiatives at the USPTO to develop a roadmap to improve the USPTO's information systems infrastructure.
Mr. Owens has more than 16 years experience in the IT field including serving as technical director at AOL LLC from 1995 to 2008. Prior to joining AOL, John was a senior software engineer for e-Systems Melpar Division, GE Consulting for GE Aerospace, and Keane Inc. for Martin Marietta. Originally from Rome, N.Y., John now lives in Virginia with his wife and children. He holds a Bachelor of Science in computer science from Clarkson University and Master of Business Administration in Technology Innovation Management from the University of Phoenix.