Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
John Owens II
Thursday - 9/6/2012, 12:28am EDT
John B. Owens‚ II was appointed Chief Information Officer (CIO) for the agency in December 2008. Since joining the USPTO in February 2008, Mr. Owens served as the director of the USPTO's System Development and Maintenance Group under the CIO, and served as Acting CIO since October 2008.
As CIO, Mr. Owens is the principal advisor to the USPTO on the architectural design and acquisition of supporting automated information systems and the underlying information technology infrastructure. He has led the recent initiatives at the USPTO to develop a roadmap to improve the USPTO's information systems infrastructure.
Mr. Owens has more than 16 years experience in the IT field including serving as technical director at AOL LLC from 1995 to 2008. Prior to joining AOL, John was a senior software engineer for e-Systems Melpar Division, GE Consulting for GE Aerospace, and Keane Inc. for Martin Marietta. Originally from Rome, N.Y., John now lives in Virginia with his wife and children. He holds a Bachelor of Science in computer science from Clarkson University and Master of Business Administration in Technology Innovation Management from the University of Phoenix.