Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Tuesday - 8/14/2012, 5:34pm EDT
Prior to joining CEQ, Jon served as the Special Advisor on Energy in the Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Army, Installations, Energy & Environment. He also served as the Chief Operating Officer at the Truman National Security Project, where he focused on energy security issues. In 2009, Jon testified to the US Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works on the national security implications of climate change with retired Senator John Warner and Vice Admiral Dennis McGinn. Following this testimony, Jon founded the nationally recognized campaign Operation Free for veterans to advocate for a national energy policy.
Prior to joining the Truman Project, Jon served for four years as an Officer in the U.S. Army, including a 15 month tour in Iraq as part of Operation Iraq Freedom I. In 2005, Jon founded War Kids Relief after returning to Iraq as a civilian to develop programs to engage Iraq's youth and minimize recruitment by radicalized elements. The youth and counterterrorism research and program development efforts led to War Kids Relief becoming a leading advocacy organization working to create a bridge between American and Iraqi youth to build a foundation for peace. In 2008, Jon was a Democratic candidate for New York's 26th Congressional District.
Jon received a Bachelor of Arts in Education at John Carroll University in Cleveland, OH and is scheduled to receive a Masters in Global Security Studies from Johns Hopkins University in May 2012.