Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Monday - 8/13/2012, 3:18pm EDT
Albert Kinney is the Director, Defense Cybersecurity Capability at HP Enterprise Services. Throughout his career, Mr. Kinney has held a number of leadership and management positions including executive functions in government, military, and commercial enterprise organizations.
A retired Naval Officer, Mr. Kinney has more than 25 years of experience with leadership, aviation, intelligence, research, and cybersecurity mission areas encompassing operational disciplines ranging from anti-submarine warfare to signals intelligence and development of the Navy's first operational Cyber Attack Team. In these roles, Mr. Kinney has developed technology, workforce, policy, and mission equity frameworks serving each of these warfare disciplines.
Within the commercial sphere, Mr. Kinney has developed a portfolio of Cyber Test & Evaluation business at the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory producing technical advances culminating in a Phase I competitive award for DARPA's National Cyber Range. As Principal Scientist with the Northrop Grumman Cyberspace Solutions Center, Mr. Kinney led a portfolio of efforts focused on various aspects of Cyber Warfare command & control including visualization, data aggregation, and automated response methodologies. Mr. Kinney now operates as a Subject Matter Expert within the HP Enterprise Services Cybersecurity Practice. He is responsible for overseeing business, marketing, and investment strategies supporting development of defense cyber warfare services capabilities, industry awareness, and client interaction.
Mr. Kinney holds a Command & Staff Diploma from the Naval War College along with science and engineering degrees from the U.S. Naval Academy and the Naval Postgraduate School. He remains active in the academic community as a member of the University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC) Cyber Security Advisory Board and as an adjunct professor within the Johns Hopkins University Whiting School of Engineering. His recent academic projects include designing a Masters program in Cybersecurity Strategy and Policy for UMBC.