Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Thursday - 6/28/2012, 2:09pm EDT
Tim Solms is the General Manager for the Microsoft Department of Defense business. Prior to Microsoft, Tim was at VMware, where he was responsible for sales and management of the Department of Defense business which included US Defense and NATO. Prior to VMware, Tim was at Dell in their Federal business practice where he managed multiple teams and was responsible for sales and solutions in the Intelligence & Homeland Security arena and the combined Federal OCONUS, DoD Healthcare, and Joint/Defense Agencies. Prior to joining Dell, Tim enjoyed a career in the United States Army as an attack aviator serving in command and staff positions in the United States and overseas.
Tim graduated from The Citadel in Charleston, South Carolina with a B.S. in Business Administration. Tim also enjoys sailing and flying and is a volunteer pilot for Angel Flight and Veteran's Airlift Command - an organization that flies wounded soldiers to and from home and other activities. Tim has served on the AFCEA International Board of Directors and currently serves on several advisory boards with start-ups in the Austin, TX area.