Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Wednesday - 6/27/2012, 3:45pm EDT
Mr. David DeVries is a Senior Executive with broad experience in Information Technology, Information Management, and Command and Control Systems. He retired from the U.S. Army after serving more than 29 years with a variety of leadership and staff officer experience in operational assignments involving command and control communications as well as information management and technology. He finished his military career leading the creation of enterprise information sharing and IT capabilities to the Army Leadership and major commands throughout the United States.
He assumed his current position in May 2009 and is responsible for integrating DoD policies and guidance to create information advantage for DoD personnel and organizations, and DoD mission partners. Since August 2010, Mr DeVries has been deeply involved in several working groups focusing on realizing Secretary of Defense Efficiencies, creating the way ahead for a joint DoD - Veterans Affairs Electronic Health record capability, and establishing key enabling capabilities to achieve the DoD Information Technology Enterprise, which will provide increased capabilities to the Warfighter, increased cyber security and efficiencies on how we provided these services throughout DoD.
Mr. DeVries holds a Bachelor of Science from the United States Military Academy, and a Master of Science in Electrical Engineering from the University of Washington in Seattle, WA. He is also a graduate of the Army Senior Service College and served as a Corporate Fellow with IBM Business Consulting Services while participating in the Secretary of Defense Corporate Fellowship Program.