Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Wednesday - 6/27/2012, 3:45pm EDT
Mr. David DeVries is a Senior Executive with broad experience in Information Technology, Information Management, and Command and Control Systems. He retired from the U.S. Army after serving more than 29 years with a variety of leadership and staff officer experience in operational assignments involving command and control communications as well as information management and technology. He finished his military career leading the creation of enterprise information sharing and IT capabilities to the Army Leadership and major commands throughout the United States.
He assumed his current position in May 2009 and is responsible for integrating DoD policies and guidance to create information advantage for DoD personnel and organizations, and DoD mission partners. Since August 2010, Mr DeVries has been deeply involved in several working groups focusing on realizing Secretary of Defense Efficiencies, creating the way ahead for a joint DoD - Veterans Affairs Electronic Health record capability, and establishing key enabling capabilities to achieve the DoD Information Technology Enterprise, which will provide increased capabilities to the Warfighter, increased cyber security and efficiencies on how we provided these services throughout DoD.
Mr. DeVries holds a Bachelor of Science from the United States Military Academy, and a Master of Science in Electrical Engineering from the University of Washington in Seattle, WA. He is also a graduate of the Army Senior Service College and served as a Corporate Fellow with IBM Business Consulting Services while participating in the Secretary of Defense Corporate Fellowship Program.