Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Tuesday - 5/8/2012, 11:42am EDT
David M. Mihelcic is the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) for the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). As CTO, he serves as the Agency's senior authority on scientific, technical and engineering matters. Mr. Mihelcic is responsible for defining DISA's overarching technical strategy for synchronizing Agency's programs and services with the Department of Defense's net-centric transformation.
Prior to his appointment as CTO, Mr. Mihelcic served as the Deputy Program Director and Chief Executive Engineer for the Global Information Grid Bandwidth Expansion (GIG-BE) Program. Mr. Mihelcic was the ultimate technical authority for this critical, $877 million expansion of DoD terrestrial communications and was responsible for defining the GIG-BE architecture and leading all technical aspects of the Program.
Previously, Mr. Mihelcic served as the Chief Executive Engineer for the Defense Information System Network (DISN), Commander of the Center for Horizontal Integration, and Deputy Chief Executive Engineer for Information Processing at DISA. Prior to his appointment to the Senior Executive Service at DISA in 1999, Mr. Mihelcic headed the Network Security Section of the Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) and has also worked in private industry as a Senior Consultant with SRI Consulting.
Mr. Mihelcic is a graduate of the University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana with a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering. (Current as of January 2006)